So how was your prayer time yesterday? I trust that you have started an excellent habit! Today, I’m sharing the second way you can make sure your marriage ends in divorce.
- Live your lives on two separate tracks
Genesis 2:18, 23-25, And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. God intended for a husband and wife to have a close, intimate relationship by cleaving to one another, sharing life together and not on two separate tracks. One of the ways to accomplish God’s plan, no matter how long you have been married or how old you are, is to go back to doing the things that you did when you dated. You see, too many couples stop dating when they get married. Man likes a conquest, so when he finally gets married, he has conquered. In his mind, since he has won over his wife, it’s time to move on to the next conquest. Therefore, he leaves his wife in the dust!
Dating can be so much fun!! Now, I have to admit that my dating life in high school and college for the most part was hazardous at best! I will say that my eyes lit up like Christmas morning when I went to college and heard that there were three girls to every one guy!! Hubba, hubba!! No matter, dating comes with its own set of actions that quite frankly need to be carried on into and through our married lives. To maintain and enjoy the grace gift of marriage, put some spice back into your life! Act like you are dating again. Go through the list below and start enjoying each other again. It’s all legal now!!
Remember when you dated?
- You were always thinking about each other. No way you could have a profitable day at school or work because he/she was always on your mind!
- You looked for every chance to be with each other. School or work would not end soon enough!!
- You left little reminders here and there of your love for one another. It might have been a note left in a conspicuous location, their favorite candy bar, a “call up on the radio and request their favorite song” reminder, text messages, a romantic card sent through the mail, a phone message, etc.
- You held hands as you walked through the amusement park. You were always looking for that ride that gave you good reason to snuggle up! You were just hoping that she would be afraid and seek the shelter of your arms!! You shared some popcorn and a Coke as you sat under the shade tree and looked so adoringly into each other’s eyes. Fun times at the amusement park!
- You talked for hours and hours and hours and hours on the phone!
- You dressed up for each other. You wanted to look sharp! You smelled good, too. 🙂
- As a man, you always paid the bill on a date, opened the car door for her, seated her at the table, showed her great respect, and was her protector.
- You had fun together!
- You did everything, men, to woo and win your girl!
1 Timothy 6:17 God . . . richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.