Looking back over this weekend, all I can say is, “How great is our God!” Here are some of the highlights as we rejoice in God’s goodness:
- The great outpouring of love and affection shown to Allison and Andrew via their wedding shower at BCBC on Saturday! Thanks to a wonderful, gracious church family!! An additional blessing was having Denise’s mom and two sisters here as well as Andrew’s parents and sister.
- Watching teen boys come to the church gym Saturday afternoon to play basketball and study God’s Word!
- Leading one of the Senior Saints SS classes in the study of Nehemiah 7. Also, to hear their prayer requests and how they had seen God work in their lives last week.
- All the precious children at BCBC as they participated in Pastor’s Pals. What a special treat to see my buddies from Florida!
- Congregational singing was awesome! To stop after the second stanza of “To God Be the Glory” and listen to folks share what great things He had done was such a blessing! To hear the men sing with such power on “Before the Throne of God” was another thrill as was “Have You Heard About Jesus?” as Denise and Allison reminded us that the Gospel is the best news we will ever hear!!
- As always, observing The Lord’s Supper was a very special time. What a joy to see one of the children’s SS classes seated on the altar step watching up close what they had just learned in Sunday School. Then, to see the deacon’s serving them was extra special.
- To see new believers participate in the service!!! They used to not sing, now they sing with a glow on their countenance that mirrors their heart! They used to not listen intently to the preached Word, not they are hanging onto every word! That’s exciting!!!
- The joy of hearing God’s people pray for lost souls in the evening service as they joined in small groups.
- To watch the folks at BCBC serve the Lord wholeheartedly and with a “big towel”!!
There is so much more to share, but suffice it to say, “To God be the glory, great things He has done!” So, as you go through this day, be the “worship leader” that God has made you to be so others will receive the right opinion of Who God is and will join you in praise and worship of our great God either as unbelievers coming to Christ in salvation or believers doing here what we will be doing in Heaven!!
Psalm 103:1-5, 20-22 Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! 2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: 3 Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, 4 Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, 5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. 20 Bless the Lord, you His angels, Who excel in strength, who do His word, Heeding the voice of His word. 21 Bless the Lord, all you His hosts, You ministers of His, who do His pleasure. 22 Bless the Lord, all His works, In all places of His dominion. Bless the Lord, O my soul!
2 thoughts on “How Great Is Our God!”
What a GREAT DAY in the LORD!! My cup did run over!
To have a pastor with a servant heart….How great is our God!