Quiet. Peaceful. Snow falling. The country view out my front window. Another fresh blanket covering the ground. As I watched the beauty of God’s creation, the Lord brought Isaiah 55:10-11 to my mind:
For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower
And bread to the eater,
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
There are several analogies of the snow and the Word of God:
- Snow quiets the earth, and the Word quiets our soul, our heart, our mind, our life.
- Snow falls quietly, and God speaks the Word quietly to our heart.
- Snow blankets the earth, and the Word blankets our heart when we are troubled, discouraged, or in need of wisdom.
- Snow makes the ugly beautiful, and the Word regenerates making beautiful what sin makes ugly.
- Snow slows us down, and the Word does the same or stops us in our tracks.
- Snow alters our life, and the Word will alter our life always for the better.
- Snow comes from the heavens, and the Word is settled and comes from above.
- Snow is avoided; sadly, the Word is avoided by so many.
- Snow has a future effect upon the earth preparing the ground for spring; the Word has a present and future effect preparing us for service, trials, witnessing, the Bema, and making us more Christ-like..
- Snow is unique as is demonstrated by each flake, and the Word is forever unique as there is no other word like God’s Word.
I’m sure there are many other analogies, but simply put, the next time the snow falls, if you are a believer, begin to think on the tremendous, awesome Word of God and let it drive you to its pages!! Let it accomplish and prosper in your life what God so ordains!