A current event on Facebook is something called “My Vocabulary.” When you click on the link, the following is found on the opening page:
Online English Vocabulary Size Test
Ever wonder about your vocabulary size? Even if you are a daily English speaker or a native English speaker, you still might find this test challenging!
We conducted academic research and looked at online resources to design the model of this quiz. We believe we’ve prepared the best quiz for you!
Although I have not taken the quiz, the numbers I’ve seen from those who have range from 10,000 to 22,350 to 30,150 words in their vocabulary.
As I’ve pondered this, the question that comes to mind is how much of my vocabulary are words of:
- Praise from all the Scripture and songs I’ve been exposed to over the years.
- Memorized Scripture that would be on the tip of my tongue to exhort, encourage, and edify others.
- Gospel presentation that would enable me to share Christ and hopefully see that soul come to Christ.
- Admiration, respect, love and discipleship for my spouse and family.
- Soft answers.
- Grace, Seasoned with salt.
When we think about our vocabulary, our prayer needs to be, Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer (Psalm 19:14).
One thought on “My Vocabulary”
I wonder how much of my vocabulary is the opposite:
-Disrespectful words about God
-Self-righteousness that hides the gospel
-Selfishness to my family
-Harshness and strife
Convicting. Thank you!