Yesterday, you spent time in awe of God’s greatness as you meditated on Psalm 145. Oh, how I trust your time in His loving, holy presence was rich and full of grace and glory!!
Psalm 100:4 exhorts us to enter His gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! As you launch into prayer each day on this journey, be sure to spend time praising God for His holiness, goodness, patience, and other attributes. Then, thank God for His blessings and be specific . This morning, use Psalms 100 and 103 to begin your week with praise and thanksgiving.
Here’s an example using Psalm 100
- Sing a hymn of praise to the Lord (100:1-2).
- Praise the LORD for His attributes, naming them and sharing why from your heart they are meaningful to you right now (100:3).
- Praise the LORD for how He will shepherd you this week (100:3).
- Thank Him for at least ten specific things He has done in the past 24 hours (100:4)
- Talk to the LORD out of your love relationship with Him as you rejoice in His goodness, His steadfast love, and His faithfulness (100:5).
Now share your requests with the Lord, and before you do, let me ask, “How will your fresh encounter of praise and thanksgiving effect your time of supplication?”
May your prayer life be one of INCREASE today because you have chosen the best part (Luke 10:42).