Sunday Worship: Are You Ready to Meet With God?
This is the Lord’s Day, and Hebrews 10:24-25 and 12:16-29 gives us good guidance for the day. God considers corporate worship a most important part of your personal relationship with Him and others. Therefore, we need to be prepared to all for His glory (1 Cor. 10:31). Here’s some tips as you prepare for this great day!
1. Get up! Don’t be lazy this morning! This is the best day of the week!
2. Read and listen to that which will feed your soul. Leave the newspaper and social media until after the service. Listen to sermons and music that stirs your heart and lifts you to see the Lord!
3. Read back over your journal entries from this past week and be reminded of how God revealed Himself to you and praise Him for His wonderful ways and works.
4. Read a worship psalm (Psalms 95-100) and pray one of those psalms back to God in personal worship.
5. Pray for your family, your SS teachers, nursery workers, pastor, deacons, ushers, greeters, choir members, nursery workers, etc. Most of all, pray that the gospel will be proclaimed by life and lip!
6. Sing with your family on the way to church; go over memory passages; listen to soul-stirring music.
7. Arrive at least 15-30 minutes early so your heart and mind are ready to serve and listen.
Remember our goal for 40 Days: We want God to so revive and change us that we both pray and act as the people of God for the glory of God!