Psalm 100: 1-5 Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. 2 Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. 3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. 5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
What an awesome day the Lord gave us yesterday at Boones Creek Bible Church!! Here are some highlights for His Glory:
- Studying Nehemiah 9 in Sunday School and the AM service.
- Seeing the evidence of God’s grace displayed in folks who have gone through a tough week yet were in attendance to worship our God.
- The 4-5 year old Sunday School class’s ministry at the beginning of the AM service.
- The precious children in Pastor’s Pals
- Congregational singing with a full choir of men: “I Sing the Mighty Power of God,” “How Great Thou Art,” “Before the Throne of God,” and “Almighty, Unchangeable God”
- The music ministry of “Hide Away in the Love of Jesus,” “Before the Throne” and “Blessed Assurance”
- The congregation standing to read Psalms 145:14 – 150:6 and their response of hands raised, hearty amens, conviction and joy!
- The congregation’s sharing of praises after reading the Scripture!
- The impromptu singing of “There’s Just Something About that Name!” and “Amazing Grace”
- The collective joy of worshiping in response to the public reading of Scripture was awesome!!
- One individual said in a very deliberate tone upon leaving the service, “The service could have just gone on! I was truly looking for the rapture! I thought it was going to happen just any minute!”
- Time was not an issue as the presence of the Lord was so evident!
Truly, we were able to say, “What a Savior!” rather than “What a service!” To God be the glory!!!!