Not too long ago, a #mondaymarriagematters Instagram thread began. Every Monday, ladies post pictures that recognize something about their husband that is special to them and demonstrate their appreciation through this social media. Why? Because marriage matters.
Genesis 2:18-25 And the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” 19 Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him. 21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22 Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. 23 And Adam said: “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called woman because she was taken out of man.” 24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. 25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
- Marriage matters because it is the creation of God. He is the Originator. (2:18, 21-22)
- Marriage matters because this is God’s ultimate earthly plan for companionship. (2:18, 21-22)
- Marriage matters because of its unique distinction set down by God. (2:19-20)
- Marriage matters because of its unique role. (2:23)
- Marriage matters because it is God’s plan for the family unit, one man and one woman. (2:24)
- Marriage matters because of its unique intimacy. (2:25)
So, marriage matters on Monday, and it also matters the rest of the week, month, year . . . until death parts you.
How are you demonstrating today to your spouse and to God that His awesome, unique creation of marriage matters to you?