Resurrection Sunday!! What anticipation! What joy! What singing! What hope! What preparation! Sunday best at church. Well-planned out congregational music. Special music ministry. New clothes. Family gatherings. This is always a big day, and of course, the very reason is the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the tomb! I love Jesus’ one word to Mary and Mary Magdalene, And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, “Rejoice!” So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him” (Matthew 28:9).
But what about today? The truth is, we should live this day, yes a Monday, with as much anticipation, joy, singing, hope, confidence and preparation as yesterday. Jesus Christ has not changed. He is still alive. All that He is which produced our response yesterday, He is today and will be tomorrow! You have God’s Word on it–I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me (Galatians 2:20). Also, to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).
We share in all that Jesus is in His Person; we share in what He did; we share in what He will do in the future. Enjoy living in Christ today because He is alive in you!!
As He died unto sin, so we too have died unto sin.
- Romans 6:3 Or do you not know that as many as were baptized into Christ were baptized into his death?
As He rose from the dead, so have we.
- Romans 6:5 For if we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will certainly also be united in the likeness of his resurrection.
As He is seated at God’s right hand, so are we.
- Ephesians 2:6 and he raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,
As He is the Son, so we are now sons.
- Galatians 3:26 For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God through faith.
As He is eternal life, so we have eternal life.
- Romans 6:23 For the payoff of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
As He is perfect righteousness, so we have His righteousness.
- Philippians 3:9 and be found in him, not because I have my own righteousness derived from the law, but because I have the righteousness that comes by way of Christ’s faithfulness—a righteousness from God that is in fact based on Christ’s faithfulness. (bible.org)