OH, NO!! I tried to avoid it, but….
Nailed it dead center! Yes, that huge pothole in the road. It was pitch black at night, raining and I didn’t see it in time. After about needing to see a chiropractor due to the jarring we received and a loan officer to pay the tire bill, I learned again that potholes are definitely to be avoided!!!
Continue reading “Taking the Scenic Route in Marriage #11”
As a follow up to yesterday’s messages from Philippians 2:3-4, consider and answer the following:
SS: Unless we live in Christ-centered unity, our gospel testimony is of no effect.
- The gospel is effective when we are not selfish (2:3a)
- The gospel is effective when we are not conceited (2:3b)
- The gospel is effective when we are humble (2:3c)
- The gospel is effective when we are focused on others (2:3d-4)
Questions for Application:
- List 25 ways you are selfish. How do these areas you listed hinder your gospel witness? How do they hinder the gospel witness at BCBC? At work? At school? In recreation?
- As you prepare for your day, what is uppermost in your mind as you choose your clothes, your activities, your goals, your plans—what people think of you or what they learn of Christ from you?
- How have your pursued Christ this morning? What did He say to you through His Word? Remember, we do not pursue humility. We pursue Christ is the definition of humility in bodily form and character. As we pursue knowing Him, meditating on Him, and learning His Word, humility becomes a part of our life.
- What individuals will be the focus for prayer and witness today? Will you be ready for a complete stranger that God may send your way? Remember the word, “look.”
- What did God say to you at the end of the sermon? What did you put into sentence form? How will that truth be fleshed out in your life today?
Let’s keeping growing and changing! Be intentional for the gospel today! And remember, Love Works!!