There are many of these throughout the day. The word moment is defined as “a very short period of time, a little while,” and it also refers to importance. So a “marriage moment” happens when in the course of the day you plan or act spontaneously to take a brief amount of time to express your love, concern, and attention for your spouse because he or she is of great significance to you. Your marriage life is a weighty matter. Both of you have decided to grow your marriage, enjoy each other, and not get used to each other as the days go whereby you don’t take each other for granted and your marriage grows stale.
It had been a taxing, stressful day which had an affect our on relationship. Needing to stop my routine and work attitude of “let’s get this job done and move on to the next one,” I poured out on the bar counter all of our Scrabble tiles for a game of Take Two. No phones, no music, no distractions, just a moment with my wife having fun because she and our marriage are important. You see, a long marriage is made up of a WHOLE BUNCH OF MOMENTS over the years!
Need some help? Here’s a few marriage moment ideas:
- Kiss longer; no peck and run!
- Play a quick game of UNO, Take Two or Farkle after supper at the kitchen table. (Tell the kids to go to the living room, work on their SS lesson or homework. They need to understand that Mom and Dad need some fun time, too. Don’t let your kids run the house! Teach them how to respect your time and how to sit still. You also need to teach them what a good marriage is all about. They are watching you.)
- Call each other in between appointments, send a text or Facebook message. Build up some excitement for the end of the day or week. Give your spouse something to anticipate!
- Go sit down on the back porch under the full moon and sit realllllly close!! Say you don’t have a back porch or a swing? You do have an old blanket and a backyard, right?
- Sing your favorite love song to each other while dancing in the living room.
- Hug like you were dating!
Proverbs 5:18 – Let your fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of your youth. . . for a moment and then a whole bunch of moments!!