This week, I have been writing primarily to the congregation of Boones Creek Bible Church. One of the most blessed aspects of this ministry is joining God in His work through missions! Every Sunday we are brought up to date about two of our supported missionaries through our Adopt-A-Missionary Ministry. Each missionary family is “adopted” by one of our church families. How stirring to hear what God is up around the world as these families give their reports via pictures, videos, praise notes, and prayer requests. Friend, the most exciting event on the planet happens every time a lost soul repents and receives Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. (If you have never been born again, please take time to watch this: Five Questions)
This Sunday is Grace Giving Missions Sunday. This is a special day as look to the Lord for His direction in how He will provide for His mission’s work through His people. BCBC Family, would you consider the questions below after reading the following passages: Matthew 6:25-33; 28:18-20; Mark 12:41-44; Acts 20:35; 2 Corinthians 8 & 9 and Philippians 4:16-19.
- What part will you play in mission’s giving this year at Boones Creek Bible Church so we as a body of believers can be obedient to the Great Commission?
- Have you been asking God to reveal to you the amount that He would have you trust Him for each month?
- How big is your God?
- What is the value of a soul to you and your family?
- What do you need to set aside that is temporal so you can give for the eternal?
- What does your wallet, your checkbook say about your heart for missions, for the lost?
- What will your children learn about giving to missions from your example?
- How much celebrating via giving will you do in 2017?
So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:7-8)