What will you do these next twelve days? Look for a partridge in a pear tree? How about five gold rings? Maybe eight maids a milking? Six geese a laying? (Better watch where you step!) No matter, they all came from your “true love.” Wow!
When you think of true love, I doubt you consider a partridge, milking a cow, seven swans gliding along on a pristine pond or drummers having at it! Now, I will give you this much, ladies, you might think of gold rings!!
So let’s set aside all of the aforementioned “true love” gifts and consider how you can give true love in the next twelve days between you and your spouse.
- May sure your love relationship with the Lord is fresh and daily renewed (John 3:16; Matthew 22:37; John 15:9; Luke 10:42; Romans 12:1-2).
- Share with your spouse the blessings of the love relationship between you and your Lord!
- Join hands with your spouse and together talk/pray to Jehovah Who loves you with an everlasting, unconditional love.
- Enjoy the marriage love relationship that God gave you by taking time to just look into each other’s eyes and share terms of endearment with each other and words of appreciation for each other.
- After the kids go to bed, make popcorn and watch a Christmas movie. Be sure to snuggle up with each other and turn off your smartphone! Your relationship with each other is more important than your children and phone notifications.
- Talk a walk in the snow holding hands all the while.
- Sit by the Christmas tree and read Luke 2 or a Christmas devotional.
- Make Christmas sugar cookies together and be sure to give each other some sugar!
- Hang some mistletoe and . . . .
- Give each other a small gift by the tree each night until Christmas; play Christmas music on Pandora.
- Breakfast served to your spouse in bed on Saturday morning.
- Without interruptions, sit by the fire and make up your own list of twelve true love gifts.
I promise you, this will be better than three French hens, four calling birds or ten lords a leaping!